It can be helpful to reminisce and reflect on your relationship to strengthen and reinforce your connection.
Storytelling is a great way to do this, but you may also want to write your responses in a journal and then discuss things from both perspectives.
Sit down together as a couple and answer one or two of these each evening for a week.
Discuss the following:
· What values were important in your family growing up?
· What do you do to grow closer together?
· How have you managed to balance both of your priorities and your relationship?
· What role do friends play in your relationship – good or bad?
· What are some things that negatively affect your life as a couple and family?
· What do you do together as a couple that strengthens your relationship?
· How do you spend time together doing community activities?
· What do you do to keep a balance between work, family and other priorities?
· How is your balance now as compared to earlier times?
Establish a routine for fostering your friendship and growth as a couple. Schedule regular couple time and family time, such as eating dinner together or a family game night.
Make it a habit to hug and kiss frequently! Say “I love you” at least once daily.
Interested in learning more about strengthening your relationship? Contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org